May 3, 2008

The beginning of the BLOG

Well, I'm finally doing it. I'm starting a blog. I can't believe I'm doing this. It's just another waste of time. Maybe in like, 5 years it will come in handy, when my siblings all live in different states, but right now we all live under the same roof, so i feel slightly ridiculous.

So I graduate this month. Wait, I want to type that again. I GRADUATE THIS MONTH! Yes! High School is almost done with me! That's really exciting news. I'm so ready to meet new people and have new experiences. Hooray!

Christine is engaged. She is almost done planning her wedding, and it's two and a half months away. Can you believe it? She's crazy cool. I'm pretty sure I'll plan my wedding the week before it happens. Heck, I'll probably meet my husband the week before I get married! (Joking...)

I think, at the end of all my blogs, i want to do something interesting. (okay, so really i hope my whole blog is interesting..) I think i'll do a wish list of sorts.. like, a "things i wish would happen this month" or "things i'm going to try to do this month" That sounds like a good plan, right?
here it goes!
  1. I want to graduate. :)
  2. I want people to realize that I like them to be honest, whether they think i'll like what they say or not.
  3. I want to find a sanctuary. (no offense Chris, but sharing a room with you is the most difficult when i'm having a bad day)
  4. I want to eat better. That's a big one, trust me.
  5. I want to exercise on a regular basis.
  6. I want to feel like people love to have me around.
  7. I want to start to learn Rhapsody in Blue on the piano

I'd say that's a pretty good list for a month.. so.. now i'll leave with a quote. Considering my biggest news...

"You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. "
Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000

No comments: