Apr 13, 2010

Limitations

Basically, they're stupid.
(In case you aren't sure what we're talking about, look at the title of the post..)
(If you're still confused, we're talking about limitations. They are no fun.)

There are so many things I want to do. I want to inspire, uplift, and enlighten the world. There are so many things I think I could give to the world. I want to open the cupboard that holds my happiness and dish out a spoonful for everyone who's lacking.
Music.
 I'll never tire of contemplating the phenomenon of something we create that can play with our emotions so EASILY. I know I could write a song. I just don't know how to put my emotions into it. I envy those who do. TEACH ME, PLEASE. I crave the ability to share something so personal as my own emotion. I want to find that outlet, that connection to the world.
Art.
I know I'm not the greatest artist in the world. I wish I were. I wish I knew what tones and colors and combinations to use to portray my feelings. I just can't do it. Again, I envy those who can and do.
Photography.
I love the world. It's so beautiful. I love everything about it. I wish I could show the world what I see. I wish I could make people realize how blessed they are to live in this world.
Dance.
I cringe when people say they can't dance. Everyone can dance. Everyone should dance. Everyone should embrace their emotions and MOVE.
Writing/Reading.
I love to talk to people that have that way with words. They have the ability to direct a movie in my mind, but these movies include scents, expressions, emotion.

In the words of the genius Leonardo Da Vinci..
 "EVERY OBSTACLE IS DESTROYED THROUGH RIGOR"

I'm getting rid of my limitations.


6 comments:

Christine Frandsen said...

you are great at all those things, i i'm excited to hear the song you write.
See you tonight!

kelli said...

If I were to embrace my emotion and MOVE, the only emotion visible to others would be AAWKWARD!!! hahaha. I wish I could dance well, though.
Truly an inspiring post!! I agree with Christine. You ARE good at all those things! I think you're awesome.

:D

Eric said...

Word.

Just start. You have to remember that the people who wrote those songs, that painted those pictures, etc. usually took a long time to do so. Don't expect it all at once, because that's not how it works.
You'll get it, if you just persist!

Love ya, C!

Jill said...

oh my freak.
i would say that you are definitely not limited in any of those areas. maybe not in your eyes...but honestly you're amazing at all of those things. serious.

Katie Robertson said...

I feel like this pretty much all the time. I find the best thing to do is get in the car and scream. As loud as you possibly can. And then read what Eric wrote, haha.

Jon said...

Umm, if you're feeling inadequate, just keep doing it. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to learn something you've decided you're passionate about. I didn't learn how to write music, dance, and otherwise express myself in a day, but it was all very easy to learn once I found a teacher, because I was so interested in it. Just do it!