Jun 2, 2009

June, Baby!

Well, I did it.


See?

Not extremely noticeable.. but perfect for me. I'm loving them! Thanks to both Christine and Chelsey, who spent about an hour each working on them. It took me about 6 hours to finish, and then today I've had to fix them quite a bit. They got really frizzy from playing in the rain and being washed. I really need a crochet hook to get the loose hairs, and I haven't found one yet. No worries, though. I'm not giving up. :D Seriously, I think everyone should get dreadlocks.

Also, I was going to try to put my skydiving video up, but I'm not as computer-saavy as I need to be in order to do that.. Sorry. If you want to see it, call me up and we'll watch it. Basically, it was the best experience of my life. If you have the opportunity to go (and can afford it) DO IT. Totally worth the time and money. I might even go again.

I've been thinking a lot about modern miracles.. and I've realized how often I fail to recognize God's hand in things. Even when bad things happen to us, it's comforting to know that He's watching us and knows what we can handle. :)

All my friends are leaving on missions. Very bittersweet. I'm excited for them, and I'm REALLY excited for my life to keep progressing.. but I'm realizing how little of a social life I have.. and now that I'm noticing, I want to fix it right when everyone's gone. I guess that means I need to make some new friends.. (sigh).. Meeting people is so hard for me. I hate talking.

Have an awesome month!

Goals:

  • Less spending money on food
  • Be Happier

Quote:
Creativity arises out of the tension between spontaneity and limitations, the latter (like the river banks) forcing the spontaneity into the various forms which are essential to the work of art or poem.
-
Rollo May

2 comments:

j said...

I had to read the post to find out that what you "did" was get dreadlocks. Somehow I imagined they'd be...hairier. I guess I just need to give it time, right? :)

kelli said...

Oh, Celeste. I love you! Those are great thoughts. You're amazing.