The last few days I have been SO down and pessimistic about everything. One might call me a "Debbie Downer". It's really been frustrating me because I can't seem to make myself be positive or happy. I've been trying different things to make myself stay uppity, but nothing has been working.
JUST NOW I remembered a post my friend Ellen did on her blog (which you can see here) about smiling. I thought about how I hadn't laughed as often recently, and thus I hadn't smiled as much. I forced myself to smile. Suddenly my mood has brightened and I feel infinitely better.
Reasons I have to smile:
- I'm Celeste Carruth. None of you can say that. (Unless you're my distant cousin who's name is Celeste Carruth... if so, why are you reading my blog?)
- For the most part, I like myself.
- I have an incredible family. Every single member of my family has unique qualities that I don't think I could live without.
- I am a member of the only true church on the earth. How lucky am I?!
- My friends respect my opinions and (generally) have the same standards as me.
- I'm healthy.
- I have quite possibly the softest skin on this earth.
- I live in a free country.
- I have 2 jobs.
- I have hope for the future.
- I have the ability to make myself see things the way I want to see them.
- I can (and love to) read and write.
- Despite all my complaints, there's always food in my house (though it's not always Spaghettios..)
- I'm not an insomniac. I can sleep.
- I'm talented at several things.
Yep. Life is good.