Jun 18, 2010

Anticipation

THREE DAYS until I'm HERE.

These are the things I'm MOST looking forward to:
  • A break from normality and routine.
  • A break from my friends. (Sorry. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. hehe.. awkward.)
  • No LIGHT POLLUTION! (I'll get to actually see the stars.)
  • Chillin with the fam.
  • It doesn't take me bumming a ride to go on an awesome hike. I can just GO.
  • I'm going to ski like a demon this trip. I want to get better.
  • I get to wear my new AWESOME life jacket!
  • Sleeping outside with the breeze caressing my smiling face.
  • The sun on my skin.
But MOST OF ALL I look forward to CLEAN AIR!! Especially after today. Here's what happened.
I was on trax on my way to work at the Lion House.. and this man (who I'm sure had a lovely personality) got on who had the WORST stench I've ever had the misfortune of smelling. Within seconds my stomach felt nauseous and my head was about to explode. Then I (finally!) got to my stop and walked downtown, relishing the ability to breathe normally.. but alas, my sense of smell was so sensitive at this point that every little scent made my stomach queasy. I got inside the Lion House and the overpowering smell of (fantastic) food didn't help much. I spent 4 or 5 hours running around with a pounding head and uneasy stomach only to get back on the train with ANOTHER PUTRID MAN (who, again, I'm sure had a wonderful personality.) I was seriously trying to take deep, dreadful breaths to make sure I wouldn't vomit and make it ten times worse for everyone else on the train. Again, when I got off the train I tried to breathe in some fresher air.. but it was polluted with exhaust from the waiting busses and cars. Finally, I arrived at home where, to me at least, the air is scent-free and beautiful.

2 comments:

kelli said...

Love coming home after a smelly day.

Love you!!

Kristie said...

Hahahah. I wrote a post about a putrid smell too! Check it out. Haha.

And I'm so jealous of your Lake Powell-ness.