I haven't had a happy post for a while, and I think it's something I need right now. It's strange, usually when spring gets started I'm constantly in the greatest mood imaginable. This year, I'm stuck in this dumb, depressed-mode. It's kind of driving me crazy. Today I decided I feel much better after I've done something active, like hiking, running, or playing frisbee.
Anyway, for my "positive post", I decided I'm going to list some of my quirks and little factoids.. and hope it will entertain all my faithful readers. Here goes nothing!
- My (current) favorite colors are, in order of greatest to least, as follows: red, purple, orange, yellow, green, blue, black, and white.
- My (current) favorite gum flavor is Extra Polar Ice.
- I have a tiny little bucket that I put my spare change in. When it's full, it makes me ridiculously happy. When it's empty it kind of bums me out. I hardly ever empty it for this reason. Right now it's overflowing.
- When I was in elementary school, my parents bought me a starfish skeleton. I LOVED that thing. I wrapped it in toilet paper to try to keep it safe.. to no avail. The arms broke off one by one and eventually I lost it. This Christmas they bought me a new one (along with TONS of shells). It's bright reddish-orange.
- I don't like poetry much, but sometimes I like to read the lyrics to Incubus songs and challenge myself to not think of the music while I read through them. Same thing with church Hymns.
- In Jr. High I was convinced I was going to be a prom dress designer. I drew dresses whenever I got the chance. I still have most of my drawings. That's the main reason I now work at Modest By Design.
- My favorite feature used to by my eyes. In all honesty, they were the only thing I really liked about myself. Now I like most everything. (I hope that doesn't make me sound cocky..)
- I keep every kind note I recieve in a shoebox. When I'm struggling with something I pull them out to help remind myself what's really important.
- When people ask me what my favorite book is, I rarely tell them the truth. I usually say it's the Uglies series or Stargirl. While I love both of those, my favorite book is called "It's a Happy Thing". It has a list of things that make most people happy (i.e. "the smell of rain") and it also has kids answers to the question "what is happiness?". I (used to) keep it in my car, Brody.
- I write letters to my future husband in my journal. This also helps me to remember what's truly important.
- I prefer to sleep with a light on, but not because I'm afraid of the dark.
- When I was little, I was in Murray Community Dance. I quit after 3rd grade to play soccer. I've regretted it ever since.
- One of my favorite movies is "The Lion King". If I watch it by myself I will undoubtedly cry.
- I love getting my hands dirty.
- I find it extremely difficult to NOT look at stylish people. It makes me feel like a creeper, but I feel like I have to figure them out.
- I used to pretend I didn't like flowers cause I didn't want to be the "girly girl". Now I openly admit to liking them. Simple daisies are my favorites, follwed closely by daffodils. Day Lillies were my favorites in high school.
- I have two whistles hanging on my bedpost. I don't allow myself to blow them. I thrive on those types of small victories.
- One such small victory is when I choose a random person and try to make them smile. I've never failed. :D
Wow. That went on for longer than I had planned. haha. I think you should all comment with one little (happy) factoid about yourselves.
"Those who bring happiness to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
-Sir James Barrie