Aug 6, 2010

Blaaahhh

My emotions are going haywire today.
  • I'm so grateful for my family and friends. They are so supportive and loving.
  • I'm so frustrated with my own stupidity. Sometimes I wonder if my brain is completely functional.
  • I'm exhausted. I feel like life has required so much energy and effort lately.
Because I'm a planning-type of a person, I'm almost constantly thinking about the future. Most of the time I'm excited for the possibilities, but right now I'm anxious, nervous, hesitant, and worried.

I feel like I've been ignoring things that need desperate attention, and now they're getting back at me by screaming in my face. I need to learn how to handle those stressful, annoying aspects of life with a positive attitude instead of just shoving them under the rug and hoping they'll go away.

In other newwwwsss..
I've been in love with LACE lately. It's so hard to get the right kind though.. most of it just looks tacky.
I want to be this girl on my wedding day..

Ah. I love weddings. Especially when you can tell the bride and groom are mature enough to know what they're actually doing. It's like all the worries about life melt away for a few sweet hours and all that's left are the beautiful possibilities of a life well-lived and an eternity full of love. I get frustrated when girls focus more on the actual wedding than the marriage.. but I'll readily admit that I'm pretty excited for my wedding day.. whenever it may be. haha.





Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.
-Margaret Young

1 comment:

Kristie said...

You should read The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho. I'm only half way through and it's changed my life. Living in the present is the key to happiness. I'm trying to let go of living in the future.

And gorgeous lace btdubs.